Our Baseball Coaches Why We Are Successful?
Team Mizuno Northeast prides itself on providing committed players with the best baseball development around. That promise is facilitated by some of the best baseball coaches and instructors around. Head coaches of Mizuno Northeast must have at least college playing experience. In addition, Mizuno Northeast feels it’s important to remove players from a biased situation that could effect their overall development. Therefore, parent coaching is not allowed for all age groups. Practices are run by professional coaches with college or professional playing experience.
Owner-President | 14U
A former college ballplayer, Nate is a graduate of Assumption College (’04) with a degree in Business Management. Nate is principal owner of the Worcester Heat Travel Baseball Organization consisting of numerous teams spanning ages 9-16, with players from Central Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. Coach Sorensen will be the Head coach for the 13U team in 2016.
- 2002 New England AAU Championship Finalists (14U)
- 2002 Frozen Ropes Summer Tournament Finalists (14U)
- 2002 Triple Crown Cape Cod Tournament Champions (14U)
- 2003 New England AAU Championship Semi Finalists (15U)
- 2003 National AAU AAU Championship – Top 15 Finish (15U)
- 2004 New England AAU Championship Semi Finalists (14U)
- 2005 New England AAU Championship Semi Finalists (15U)
- 2006 New England AAU Championship Semi Finalists (16U)
- 2007 New England AAU Champions (13U)
- 2008 New England AAU Championship Finalists (14U)
- 2008 National AAU Championship Top 16 (out of 105 teams) (14U)
- 2011 Memorial Day Classic at War at the Shore Champions (13U NEBA)
- 2011 North East Baseball Alliance Playoff Champions (13U NEBA)
- 2011 Annual Cape Cod Wood Bat Tournament Finalists (13U NEBA)
- 2011 Triple Crown Summer Nationals Top 20 Finish (13U NEBA)
- 2012 Memorial Day Classic at War at The Shore Champions (14U NEBA)
- 2012 Annual Cape Cod Wood Bat Semi Finalists (14U NEBA)
- 2012 NEBA League Champions (14U NEBA)
- 2012 18U Sports Zone Classic Finalists (16U Prospects)
- 2013 Memorial Day Classic at War at the Shore Champions (13U NEBA)
Kevin was a two year starting catcher at Lawrence Academy. Kevin was part of the 2011 undefeated Spartans where he led the team in average and received the Co-MVP with Tyler Beede (San Francisco Giant RHP). Kevin played for the Worcester Heat from 2002-2004, also played for TCB, NEB, and the Frozen Ropes. Kevin Graduated from Lawrence Academy in 2012 and went on to play baseball on scholarship at American International College. Kevin has also been working with Len Solesky for over 10 years and continues to learn from him to this day. Kevin joins the successful staff of baseball coaches who have made Hit Quarters their home for teaching baseball to the youth.
A three year starter for the Nipmuc Regional High School and DVC player of the year in his Senior year. Kelley Rooney was awarded to the first team All-Conference two years in a row. He lead the team in average, OBP, total bases and steals. After graduating from Nipmuc in 2011 he walked on to the Umass Lowell Baseball Team his freshmen year. There, he started two years as a second basemen under Ken Harring at Umass Lowell. His senior year he was the leader in on base percentage along with fielding percentage. Kelly has also played Summer ball in the FCBL (Future Collegiate Baseball League) for the Old Orchard Beach Raging Tide where he started as a Shortstop/Second Baseman.
Adam “AJ” Zarozny
College Prospect Coach
AJ was a three year starter for St. John’s High School and a Pioneer award winner his senior year. He was in the top ten in batting average his junior and senior year. After graduating from St. John’s he attended Avon Old Farms School for a post graduate year. At Avon he received the Most Valuable Player award. AJ moved his baseball career to Bryant University on scholarship where he started for four years as the left fielder. His freshmen year he was named a Louisville Slugger All American and NEC Rookie of the Year. His senior yer he was awarded Tony Gwynn Classic All-Tournament Team, All NEC Second Team, NEC Tournament Team and Second Team All-New England.
AJ graduated from Bryant University with a degree in Marketing and a double minor in Communications and Sociology. AJ was a top 10 prospect by the New England Baseball Journal his junior year of college. For three Summer he played baseball in the Valley League in Virginia for the Aldie Senators. His sophomore Summer he played for the Newport Gulls in the NECBL, followed by the Plymouth Pilgrims who were also in the NECBL. AJ Zarozny is a three year player for the Worcester Heat and also played for the New England Ruffnecks and NEB.
College Prospect Coach
Overall Record: 185-79
- Qualified for Central Mass District Tournament eleven consecutive years (2002 – 2012)
- Six Midland-Wachusett League Championships (2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012)
- District Champions and State Finalists (2009)
- Central Mass Division 3 Coach of the Year (2009)
- Consecutive undefeated regular seasons 20-0 (2008, 2009)
- Won 28 consecutive Midland-Wachusett D League games (2007-2010)
- Won 51 consecutive regular season games (2007-2010)
Joe Consolmagno, a native of Worcester Massachusetts, played three years of varsity baseball at St. Peter Marian High School under head coach Ed Riley. After graduating from St. Peter Marian in 2012, he went on to play at UMass Lowell where he started all four years. His freshman year at UMass Lowell where he started all four years. His freshman year at UMass Lowell the school was Division II, where Joe played in every game as a freshman and was elected to the NE10 All Rookie Team. His sophomore year, the school switched to Division I to the America East Conference where he started all three years under head coach Ken Harring. Joe holds the all-time triples record at UMass Lowell along with finishing atop many of the schools all-time categories such as stolen bases, walks, outfield assists and game started and played. His senior year he led the nation in outfield assists out of all Division I schools. Joe was also selected to the New England Intercollegiate Baseball Association All-Star team for Division I his senior year while finishing third in votes for player of the year in America East Conference. He was also chosen to the America East All Academic team his senior year.
After graduating college in 2016, Joe started his coaching career right away. The Summer after he graduated he was the assistant coach for the Wachusett Dirt Dawgs of the Futures Collegiate Baseball League. In the spring, he was the assistant coach for Saint Peter Marian High School. He is currently the assistant coach for Fitchburg State University.
- All New-England Team (1991-1993)
- 1993 All-American
- 1993 Northeast-10 Players of the Year.
- Second all-time career batting average at Assumption College
- Drafted in 1993 by the St. Louis Cardinals
- New York Penn League Championship 1995 New Jersey Cardinals